Recipe by hellokitty
Good for a delicious breakfast or even a mid-day snack! I like it because its filling and flexible, you can eat it at all times of the day.
Top Review by Manami
hellokitty hello, I have been making and serving this to my family for a long time now and it is awesome! It is comfort food for me. I, too, add cream cheese but I don't make an omelet. Had this for brunch today, on the beach Miami Beach that is, with my daughter. Thank you for posting such a great recipe. The cheese makes it creamier than usual. Diane
- 1 large onion
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 lb lox
- 8 eggs
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 scallions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the onion in half, then slice thinly.
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil over high heat, then saute the onions until lightly colored.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with a fork until combined, then add to the pan.
- When the eggs have set on the bottom, scramble in the lox and flip over.
- Cook and scramble until just set. (Can be more well done or less well done according your tastes).
- You can then serve on a bagel, or just by itself.