Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Good for a delicious breakfast or even a mid-day snack! I like it because its filling and flexible, you can eat it at all times of the day.
- Cut the onion in half, then slice thinly.
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil over high heat, then saute the onions until lightly colored.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with a fork until combined, then add to the pan.
- When the eggs have set on the bottom, scramble in the lox and flip over.
- Cook and scramble until just set. (Can be more well done or less well done according your tastes).
- You can then serve on a bagel, or just by itself.
hellokitty hello, I have been making and serving this to my family for a long time now and it is awesome! It is comfort food for me. I, too, add cream cheese but I don't make an omelet. Had this for brunch today, on the beach Miami Beach that is, with my daughter. Thank you for posting such a great recipe. The cheese makes it creamier than usual. Diane
Been making this for years. I don't use any oil or scallions but sometimes I add some cream cheese to the eggs as they start to set and then I put the cheese on top in dabs and then fold the egg over like an omelette. Yum! Just had for dinner tonight!