Top Review by Wicked Creations
This is a great recipe even I had not tried this version but I modified this version to even lower the calories and exchanging ingredients for others and used Butternut Squash instead. Great recipe!! It is a great baseline and adding to it or just alone.. but one suggestion..needs vanilla extract to bring out the flavor...My dd did not even know she was eating healthy and she was surprised when I told her!! She even requested again and said it was the best cake/bar I ever made!!
- 1 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin (from the can or homemade)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 teaspoon skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat together the sugar, applesauce, egg substitute and pumpkin.
- Sift dry ingredients into bowl.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a 15x10x1 pan and bake for 23-27 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Mix together icing ingredients using more milk if needed.
- Spread over cooled pumpkin bars.