This is a lower fat version of Pumpkin Bars made for the getting lighter challenge of ZWT3. It turned out really well and I think you will enjoy this.
- 1 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin (from the can or homemade)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 teaspoon skim milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat together the sugar, applesauce, egg substitute and pumpkin.
- Sift dry ingredients into bowl.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a 15x10x1 pan and bake for 23-27 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Mix together icing ingredients using more milk if needed.
- Spread over cooled pumpkin bars.