Lower-Fat Special K Bars
This is a lower-fat version of the great no-bake Special K bars. It has less peanut butter and no chocolate, but still tastes great. My kids love these.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 5 cups kellogg Special K cereal
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raisin
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Measure corn syrup and brown sugar into large saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved and mixture is bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Add cereal and raisins.
- Stir until well coated.
- With back of spoon, press mixture evenly and firmly into 13X9 pan coated with cooking spray.
- Let stand until cool.
- Cut into bars.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Really good! I have never made either version so this is a new treat for us. Made as is just put a couple Tbs raisins (not everyones favorite); it was just the right amount. Of course DH put choco chips on his and then microwaved to melt them; he has to have chocolate on everything sweet it seems like. Will make again! Made for Healthy Choices Tag 4/2010.
I have been making the higher fat version forever. Tried this and it was just as good. Everyone loved them. Left out raisins as my originals didn't have any and I wanted to see if anyone noticed the change to lower fat version (they didn't). This is a nice bar to make for friends or for parties, they are always a hit. Thanks for this version.