Top Review by runningwild69
These cookie are excellent. They taste better than a full fat/sugary version. Great flavor with a nice undertone of honey. Texture is smoother than a typically oatmeal cookie, not too dry or moist. Delicious!
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup butter (softened)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups peanut butter (I like extra chunky)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a mixing bowl, add butter, shortening, sugars, honey, and peanut butter. Use the whisk attachment and mix/beat well,.
- 2. Add egg and vanilla and whip until fluffy.
- 3. Whisk together wheat flour, oat flour, baking soda, and salt. Add slowly to wet ingredients until just incorporated.
- 4. Use a spatula and incorporate the quick oats.
- 5. The dough will be slighly sticky. Refrigerate for an hour to make it handle more easily.
- 6. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 7. Roll into about 30-36 balls and bake for approx 12-15 minutes - they can brown nicely and still not become crispy.