Low Fat Peanut Butter Cookies
This recipe originates from My Vegan Cookbook. http://www.myvegancookbook.com/blog/ One of my favs! Thank you my Vegan Cookbook for finally giving me a tasty AND healthy peanut butter cookie recipe :) This wholesome peanut butter cookie recipe trims the fat, calories and prep time. And the taste is divine! The only flour in this recipe is a 1/2 Cup of Whole Wheat Flour, but you would never guess. Don't get out a sauce pan, and you can forget about dragging out a mixer. All you need is a mixing bowl and a spoon! It's the perfect go to cookie recipe when you need a sweet fix and you're too tired to work for it.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter, Organic Creamy Style
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Then dump ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir. You will really need to work at getting the ingredients mixed well. I do a downward smashing motion with my spoon as I stir. You could even put your hands into the dough and kneed a little.
- Drop 1 Tablespoon size mounds onto a greased cookie sheet, about 1 ½ inches apart. Smash them down with a fork. Then sprinkle with course sugar if you like.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes.
- After they are baked let them cool for 15 minutes before you dig into They will be soft out of the oven and crisp up as they cool.
- This recipe originates from My Vegan Cookbook. http://www.myvegancookbook.com/blog/.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe originates from My Vegan Cookbook. http://www.myvegancookbook.com/recipes/recipe.php?id=10 The author fails to give credit. I don't remember giving permission to post it here. If you like this cookie go to myvegancookbook.com, there are other low fat cookie recipes there that are just as good as this one.Reply
I love, love LOVE peanut butter and am often hard-pressed to find a healthy, low-fat (and easy) peanut butter recipe. These cookies definitely satisfy my peanut butter craving without making me feel guilty! I make a batch of these for breakfast each week (they're great with coffee.) To keep the fat and sugar content even lower I use Peanut Wonder peanut spread instead of creamy peanut butter, 1 tablespoon of Brummel & Brown Yogurt Spread with 2 tablespoons of applesauce in lieu of the canola oil, and Splenda brown sugar. Also, I use wheat bran instead of flax seeds because they're generally cheaper. Although I've never made the original recipe without these substitutions, I can say that the difference is probably marginal as these cookies are AWESOME and every time I bring them to work people ask me for them :) Love them!!!1Reply
I loved these! I doubled the recipe because I am sending these overseas so I hope they travel well! I didn't have flax seeds so I used oat bran--with fingers crossed but it seemed to work fine! I also used rolled oats, sugar free syrup & vegetable oil. But I did use my hand mixer LOL! I did try a cookie & I enjoyed it very much. Am hoping these hearty, healthy cookies are enjoyed by my friends as well! thank you for sharing!!Reply