Recipe by Mirj
Let's face it, cheesecake is never going to be a dietetic food, but with this recipe you can feel a little less guilty...
Top Review by MsAnalogkid
I think it needs cream cheese in addition to the cottage cheese- the texture was a bit weird and deflated. In regards to the previous comment, i%u2019ve never had a cheesecake turn out when using splenda. It has to be real sugar in a cheesecake, but non-fat/low fat cream cheese/cottage cheese doesnt seem to make a difference.
- 1 1⁄2 packages graham crackers, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 2 lbs low fat cottage cheese (regular) or 2 lbs fat-free cottage cheese (regular)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 -4 eggs
- 1⁄2 can evaporated milk or 1⁄3 cup low-fat plain yogurt or 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon melted margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend well the 2 first ingredients; pat into a 9" x 13" baking pan, reserving a bit for the topping.
- Blend remaining ingredients all together and pour into the prepared crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 40 minutes.
- Test by inserting knife in center.
- It should be dry.