Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
My partner has been put on a low salt, low fat, low cholesterol diet. Rather than using a creamy sauce this is spiced vegetables blended and even some of my veg phobic friends have enjoyed eating this and then been very surprised about the list of ingredients.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons turmeric
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons cardamom pods
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 200 g butternut squash, chopped and roasted for 20 mins
- 150 g carrots, sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 150 g mushrooms, diced
- 75 g split red lentils
- 1 pint bouillon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 courgettes, diced
- Fry the spices in Olive oil for up to 3 mins, making sure not to burn them.
- Remove the cardamom, and add the onion.
- Add vegetables, lentils and bouillon, cook down for at least1 hour whilst stirring intermittently.
- When all veg has softened cool for 5 minutes then blend. I usually add cooked cubed chicken/quorn and serve with rice, aloo gobi (221030) and naan.