Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious, rises well, and turns a gorgeous caramel color in the oven. Hard to tell it's low fat, an amazing recipe indeed.Smells great, tastes great, an absolute staple in your kitchen. Feedback appreciated!
- 1 cup dry oatmeal
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees -- spray muffin pan.
- Combine oats and milk in a small bowl, let sit.
- Sift together the flours and all dry ingredients.
- Mix together the egg, sugar, applesauce/yogurt, and vanilla.
- Mix in the oats mixture into the egg mixture.
- Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in blueberries
- Transfer into pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes for muffin tin.
- Take out, ENJOY!
I completely agree with some of the other reviews. These muffins are absolutely tasteless. Easy recipe, but so disappointing.
loved the recipe name, but did not live up to the name.... very dry, tasteless-like Christineyy, I too, had to throw it all away---hate wasting food :-(
I tried really hard to find something good about these, but, honestly, they didn't have much flavor. I ended up throwing all the muffins away.