Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Patrick Holfords low GL diet. These were good! I paired with a side salad for a fantastic light and tasty lunch.
- 2 large red peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon marigold vegetable bouillon granules
- 6 tablespoons water
- 4 ounces brown basmati rice, cooked
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (or to taste)
- solo salt
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, to grease tray
- Cook the rice.
- While the rice is cooking on the stovetop cut top off peppers and remove seeds and pith, and slice off the bulbous bit inside the pepper that sits below the stalk and contains most of the seeds. Reserve lid.
- Put oil in a sauté pan and fry onion and garlic in it for 2 minutes. Add the chopped mushrooms and bouillon, and fry for a further 2–3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked mixture with the rice, pine nuts and basil and season with Solo and black pepper.
- Stuff peppers with the mixture and place tops back on.
- Place on a lightly oiled baking tray and bake in a preheated oven (200ºC/400ºF/gas mark 6) for 35 minutes.