This has been a family favorite for many years. It is an easy alternative to hamburger sloppy joes.
Make and share this Low Fat Turkey Sloppy Joes recipe from Food.com.
- 226.79 g ground turkey
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 425.24 g can fat-free chili
- 59.14 ml celery, chopped
- 59.14 ml green pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml corn (fresh or frozen)
- 118.29 ml salt-free tomato sauce
- 4.92 ml honey
- 0.59 ml cayenne powder (optional)
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 3.69 ml chili powder (depending on taste)
- In large heavy pan, cook turkey 3 to 5 minutes until no longer pink.
- Add onion and saute 3 to 5 minutes longer until softened.
- Add chili, celery, green pepper, corn, tomato sauce, honey and seasoning to turkey.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serves 4.