Low Salt / Sodium Low Fat Turkey Sloppy Joes
If you're eating healthy and watching your salt this is the recipe for you. And if your a sloppy joe fan like me... well here you go. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2⁄3 cup onion
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup no-salt-added ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt substitute
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Remove seeds from jalapeno peppers and dice.
- Dice onion and green pepper.
- Sauté onion, jalapenos and green pepper in EVO then set aside.
- Cook ground turkey crumbling into little pieces.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Over med-high heat add all of the ingredients into the pan.
- Stir mixture for 3-5 minute.
- Lower heat to low and simmer for 5-10 min to fuse flavors.
- Serve on either crusty rolls or hamburger buns.
- Leave out the jalapeno if you don't like it hot. If you do throw in 2 more.
- Additions: Try adding diced tomatoes or olives and top with cheese if you so desire.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation