Recipe by MsTeechur
I have a goal to make a points-friendly Thanksgiving feast. This is my version of light turkey dressing. The spices "make" it. If you can do fresh spices, go for it!
- 12 slices light whole grain bread
- 2 ounces fresh sage
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 stalks celery
- 1⁄3 cup cranberries
- 1 small apple
Directions See How It's Made
- Cube bread into small cubes.
- Core, peel, and cut apples.
- Saute onions, celery, apples, cranberries, and spices in broth (add more broth or water if needed).
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix with bread chunks.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Keep covered but check for drying.
- Add more water/broth if it dries out.