Recipe by FLUFFSTER
You really don't have to give up flavor to enjoy your meals. I have been slowly giving up fat in my diet, to a point where if I eat something with quite a bit of fat in it, my taste buds scream! I really do hope that you will try this, and give it an honest chance.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapenos (can use regular green chiles, or you can mix them)
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal (I use yellow, you may prefer white)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute` onion and pepper in a large skillet over medium heat, crumbling meat and cook until no longer pink.
- Add chili powder, corn, tomatoes, jalapenos and olives. Simmer for 20 minutes. Transfer to an 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Meanwhile, combine cornmeal, salt and milk in a 2-qt. saucepan. Heat on medium and untiol thickened, stirring almost almost continuously.
- Spread cornmeal over top of meat and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until top is golden.