I love spinach and artichoke dip, but hate the fat... I came up with this fast and easy recipe that tastes great, is easy to put together, low in fat but big on taste! Flavored with roasted red peppers and Parmesan cheese, no yicky mayo here! Makes enough for a large crowd. Can be made in the microwave for even faster preparation. Also delicious served cold. Note: recipe can be made with fat-free marinade artichokes, I usually buy two small jars, adds a little extra zing! WW points = 1/serving
- Preheat oven to 375F and lightly spritz a shallow baking dish (1.5-2qt) with cooking spray (Pam).
- Using food processor, mix light cream cheese, sour cream and artichoke hearts by pulsing until even consistency.
- Add roasted bell pepper and Parmesan cheese and pulse until creamy.
- To bake dip: Place mixture into prepared baking dish; add spinach and stir until combined.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Dip is done when browned and bubbly around the edges.
- To keep warm, lower temperature in oven to 250F and stir every 10 minutes until dip is served.
- For microwave directions: Place mixture into microwave safe dish (1.5-2qt), add spinach and stir until combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap, leaving room for steam to escape.
- Microwave on HIGH for 7 minutes or until dip is hot and boiling on the sides - microwaves vary, check often.
- Mix well before serving.