Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Made with skim milk and Splenda, this rice pudding is guilt free!
Make and share this Low Fat Rice Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 2 cups skim milk, divided
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine rice, 1 1/2 cups milk and Splenda in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes or until thick and creamy.
- Heat the remaining 1/2 cup milk in a microwavable dish for one minute in the microwave. Slowly add to the beaten egg while whisking, making sure not to end with scrambled eggs.
- Pour this mixture into the rice mixture and cook an additional 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add Vanilla and Cinnamon.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Good with a dallop of lite cool whip!
REALLY GOOD! I didn't have time to stir at the stove so I combined the milk, egg, Splenda & vanilla then added the rice, craisins (I don't like raisins) and cinnamon. I baked it all in a dish sprayed with butter flavored cooking spray for 20 min at 350 while I showered. YUMMY breakfast!
So tasty! I used arborio rice & added some cardamom.
I liked this recipe Alot. Though I tend to like mine more creamy so I did some subbing in it. I used Lowfat evaporated milk and Egg whites in mine.