Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I'm pretty lazy but also like low fat food. I made it up using spice cake mix so I don't have to worry about baking powder, spices, etc, and I leave out the oil. Use less water but the same number of eggs per the box. My husband likes this with cream cheese frosting (not so low fat unfortunately), and it is fast to make. It is a little dense in consistency. I used 8 inch round pans and so the times below are for that size (i.e. follow temperature & times according to box). I have also tried it with apple instead of pumpkin.
- 1 (18 ounce) box spice cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 18 ounces canned pumpkin (plain pumpkin)
- 3 eggs (or whatever the box says to use)
- 1 cup water (less than the box says)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- grease & flour cake pans (not necessary for silicone pans).
- mix the spice cake mix, pumpkin & eggs. Add water slowly at end to cake batter consistency. Pour into 2 cake pans
- check doneness after 35 min with knife or toothpick (should come out clean).
- cool completely before frosting, if you plan to frost, but it tastes good warm.