Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are good, just not as moist as I was hoping for. The next time I make them, I'm going to try cutting the sugar back to 1/2 cup and using a 1/4 cup of unsweetened apple in place of the 2 Tbls. of butter to see if they would be moister that way. 1 muffin = 3 points as written. With the changes mentioned above, 1 muffin = 2 points.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- Lightly spoon flour into the measuring cup and level with knife. Place flour and the remaining dry ingredients in a bowl and mix with a whisk. Stir in lemon zest and poppy seeds. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Combine buttermilk, butter and egg. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan with muffin cup liners. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
I used a little bit less of 1/2 cup sugar. I added 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to give more lemon taste. I like the texture. Thanks Marg :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game