Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
This was so yummy, easy to prepare and if there is great hot or cold.
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt, to taste
- 1 cup frozen tiny peas
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- In a large pot over high heat, bring the water with 2 teaspoons of the salt to a boil.
- Drop in the cauliflower florets and the frozen tiny peas, return to a boil, and cook for only 2 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and run under cold water to stop the cooking and cool.
- Let the vegetables drain in the colander while you prepare the dressing.
- In a serving bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients, whisking until the mixture is creamy.
- Fold in the vegetables gently to coat.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 4 hours, lightly tossing again before serving.
This is a good dish for summer. I think the amount of yogurt used could be reduced by half. Thanks for a healthy new recipe.