Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A spinoff of this recipe: http://www.recipezaar.com/95330
- 9 -10 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fat-free balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 cup fat free feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2-1 lb portabella mushroom, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9-inch by 13-inch pan with non-stick coating.
- Mix Ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, parsley, and garlic.
- Pour 1 cup of sauce in bottom of pan.
- Arrange 1/3 of the noodles in the pan so that they touch but do not overlap.
- Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Top with 1/2 of the fat free mozzarella cheese.
- Top this with 1 cup of sauce, 1/3 of the noodles, the remainder of the cheese mixture and the rest of the fat free mozzarella cheese.
- Add another cup of sauce, another layer of noodles, and the remainder of the sauce.
- Sprinkle with fat free Parmesan cheese (optional).
- Bake, covered tightly with aluminum foil for one hour.
- (This can be put together ahead of time and refrigerated. Increase the baking time by 15 minutes if it has been refrigerated.).