Quick Low-Fat Mushrooms
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 medium sized onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock powder or 2 crumbled chicken stock cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 500 g button mushrooms, halved .or quartered with stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra only if required
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (US cornstarch)
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion -stir until the onion has softened. Add the stock powder and dried basil. This should take roughly 3 minutes.
- Add the cut mushrooms and continue to cook for another minute. Add the extra oil if required to moisten the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the cornflour with a little water in your measuring cup. Add more water to bring to the 1/4 cup measurement of water. Mix and add over the mushrooms. You can use cream or evaporated milk in place of the water if you wish.
- Continue to cook and stir until done to your liking. I prefer to keep my mushrooms chunky.
- Serve over toast, steak or chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Aussie Mum - gluten-free