Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 5 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground sirloin (10 percent fat)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 medium bell pepper, slice into 3 rings and chop the remaining pepper very fine
- 1 medium onion, diced fine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine tomato sauce and barbecue sauce together.
- Heat until bubbly.
- Place meat in bowl and add all but 2 tablespoons of the tomato sauce to the meat; set it aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients except pepper rings and 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce; mix very well.
- Place meat mixture into a loaf pan.
- Cover with foil and bake 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven after 40 minutes and drain any fat that is present.
- Slice meatloaf into 8 slices while still in the pan.
- Drizzle the 2 tablespoons of sauce down the center of the loaf--do not spread the sauce.
- Top with pepper rings and return to oven uncovered and bake 45 minutes longer or until done.
- Allow to cool a few minutes before serving.