Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Inspired from Kittencal's great Apple Snack Cake. I needed a version lightened up as far as it would go. Really a good recipe, fast, easy, cheap and everyone will love it!
- Oven to 350°.
- Spray a square pan with nonstick spray, I used a glass pan.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in bowl.
- In another bowl, combine water, oil, lemon juice, vanilla.
- Add to dry ingredients, stir until just combined.
- Toss apples with sugar and cinnamon, fold into batter.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until done.
The method states oil in this recipe but there is none in the ingredient list. Can you tell me how much oil should be added please?
This cake has a very nice consistency: Its moist and soft on the inside with a lovely crunchy top. I baked mine as muffins and that worked out very well. The taste was quite nice but I didnt really care for the cocoa powder, cause I felt it made the cake a bit bitter. I think next time I will leave it out and add some more spices to the cake.
THANK YOU for sharing this guiltfree treat with us, Kasha.
Excellent snack cake! It was very moist and packed a lot of flavor! I too used Splenda as the sweetener and, based on previous reviews, I upped the 'sugar' content to 3/4 of a cup and found that just right. It was so easy to make, the ingredients were all on-hand and without the sugar and fat, I definitely will make this again and again!