Recipe by ColoradoCookin'
This recipe cut the calories in half and the fat by 2/3's. It tastes fantastic and it's super duper easy.
Top Review by ThinOne
Great idea; but low, non, and reduced fat products have added modified food "starch" in them which raises the carb level compared to full fat products. I've come to learn that you generally can't have it both ways; low fat and low carb. I use black soy beans which have more fiber than any other bean and therefore, less net carbs. I process them in my food processor for a refried version. I also use Trader Joe's Flaxseed Tortilla chips (8 carbs per serving) to enjoy this dip with. Otherwise this is legal for low carb.
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 cup yogurt cheese or 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 4 ounces shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese or 4 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, seeded,peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- non-fat tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, stir together the refried beans and salsa.
- Spread the bean mixture on a 9" platter or in a pie plate.
- Spread the yogurt cheese or sour cream on top of the bean layer.
- then layer the shreadded cheese, tomatoes, avocados, green onions and olives on top.
- If desired, cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips.