Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe in the "Women Who Can Dish It Out" Cookbook. This is a very moist cake. No one will ever know it's low fat unless you tell them.
- 1 box reduced-fat yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup plain plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cake mix and sugar.
- Add sour cream, water, yogurt, egg substitute and lemon juice.
- Beat at medium speed for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in poppy seeds by hand.
- Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray and pour in the batter.
- Bake about 40 minutes or til a toothpick in center of cake comes clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Stir glaze ingredients together and drizzle over warm cake.
You are absolutely right! This cake is so moist and definately does not taste low fat. The amount of lemon is perfect, not overpowering at all. I will be making this again. Thanks for a great low cal recipe.
My hubby and kids really enjoyed this cake. Nobody could tell it was low fat, so it was my little secret. I didn't add the sugar because I knew the cake mix already had sugar in it. It was sweet enough without it and even more healthy! Thanks for sharing.
Loved this moist cake. Kept the low fat part a secret until after it was tasted. Everyone enjoyed it and we will definitely have it again and again. We didn't use the glaze but it didn't need it. Great addition to our lemony delights.