Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Biscuits are one of those items that go with an array of dishes. I've recreated this recipe to be lowfat and sugar free, so you REALLY can't go wrong with these! They brown nice and light on the outside, yet stay really moist and soft on the inside. Recently, I just made this recipe, sliced the biscuits in half, and stuffed them with a scrambled egg dish and cheese. Really tasty! Of course, they also pair nicely with a good stew, too! Or just eat them by themselves! :0) Enjoy!!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey (add more if you want a sweeter biscuit)
- 1⁄3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add yogurt and honey. With a fork, "cut in" the yogurt and honey to the dry ingredients (like you would with buttter), and combine until crumbly.
- Add milk and stir until the dough forms a ball.
- Pat or roll the dough out to 1/2-1 inch thick (depending on how big you want your biscuits).
- With a floured glass or circular cutter, cut dough into circles.
- Place biscuits on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
- Enjoy with honey, butter, gravy, cheese or plain!
- *** Another version of this biscuit (we call it "The Breakfast Version")***.
- Add 1/2-3/4 cup of raisins
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon.
- Serve with applesauce.
I created an account finally just so I could review this recipe, which seemed to have no reviews for some reason. :) Late last night I had a craving for a piece of bread or something and since I don't normally stock these things in the house, I had to make it. So, I found this recipe and had all the ingredients. I halved the recipe so I wouldn't end up with so many. And it turned out SOOOO GREAT! And it was super quick too! Which is important because everyone in the house was asleep and I needed to be quick and quiet. lol... Anyhow, I put sesame seeds on top of one, garlic powder on another, and when they came out put a dab of peanut butter in another.... basically, I experimented. WAS so good, whether I combined with savory or sweet things. So, thank you for the recipe... which I will officially now use all the time.