Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A healthy salad for lunch, as a snack or as a topping on a whole wheat bun!
- 198.44 g can tuna (drained)
- 118.29-236.59 ml low fat cottage cheese
- 2 sweet gherkins
- 59.14 ml fresh peas (or sugar snaps)
- 6 almonds
- 1 scallion (or 1 small red onion)
- seasoning (salt or pepper)
- 1 lime
- 1 sour apple (optional)
- Drain the tuna and put in a bowl, add the cottagecheese and mix (or mash) together with a fork until preffered consistency is reached.
- Dry the gherkin slices on some tissue and cut in smal cubes, add to tuna mixture together with the fresh peas or sugarsnaps (cut in small slices).
- Chop the almonds and the scallions (if prefered) and add to tuna too.
- OPTIONAL If you like to use the apple too, just chop it up and mix it in.
- Season to taste and add a squeeze of lime juice. Enjoy just like it is, or add some cherry tomatoes and cucmber and eat as lunch salad or on top of some bread.
- Also great to bring to putlucks, just increase amounts.