Recipe by Cwpante
Recipe from the U.K. 7 points.
Top Review by woodland hues
It's the fish preparation that I'm reviewing since I made sweet potato rosti #15918 for the chips. I don't know, but it just didn't grab me, DH enjoyed the whole meal, but likely I'll not use this recipe again...because of the bland taste and the coating didn't turn colour, just stayed white, which was unappetizing. The fish was tender, though. Perhaps I will feel challenged to try this again and see if I can improve on what I did. The low-fat oven baking approach still appeals.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 700 g potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 4 (175 g) cod fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons plain white flour
- 1 medium egg
- 50 g dried breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F.
- Grease a roasting pan and a baking sheet with 1 tsp of oil. Heat the roasting pan in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Put the potato wedges into the pan and sprinkle them with the remaining oil.
- Toss them together and season.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until barely tender.
- Rinse the fish fillets, pat dry with kitchen paper and coat in seasoned flour.
- Beat the egg with two tbsp of cold water.
- Dip the floured fish fillets into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs and put onto the oiled baking sheet.
- Reduce the oven temperature to Gas Mark 5/190°C/375°F Continue to bake the potatoes, along with the fish for a further 15-20 minutes until cooked.
- Serve with vinegar or lemon wedges.