Low Fat Crispy Fish and Chips
This is a fantasticly low fat recipe. It is a lovely way to have takeaway at home, and is incredibly easy to make. You can involve children in crushing the rice crackers, they seem to really enjoy that step.
- Ready In:
- 4 (175 g) sea bream fillets (use any white fish you prefer)
- 100 g plain rice crackers
- 1⁄2 cup flour, for dusting
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 kg old potato
- 1 tablespoon moroccan mixed spice (use any combo of dried herbs and spices that you like)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 200°C Remove any skin or bones from fish.
- Crush the rice crackers to a rustic crumb.
- Dust fish with flour, dip in egg, and coat with cracker crumbs.
- Spray both sides with olive oil spray.
- Place on baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes, until cooked through and golden.
For the chips:
- Wash and peel the potatoes.
- Cut into chip shapes about 1.
- 5cm thick.
- Spray with the olive oil spray.
- Sprinkle with the seasoning and toss slightly.
- Bake on a baking tray for about 15- 25 minutes until they are browned and crisp.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very good, I used cod, it cooked up very nicely. But it didn't brown, so i put it under the broiler for a few minutes to get it nice and golden. I lost some of the coat, it didn't stick as well as it should, but it was crisp thanks and the chips turned out perfect, I just used a little sea salt and pepper and garlic powder. thanks for posting.1Reply