Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cooking Light Cookbook, 1989. I like cauliflower and I'm working trying to lose a few pounds. Going through this cookbook for possibilities. This is one of them. Just from reading this, I added salt, to taste. It wasn't listed.
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into flowerets
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, UNDRAINED, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- salt, to taste
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and add the oil.
- Place over medium-high heat until hot and add onion, green pepper, and garlic, and saute until tender.
- Add cauliflower and remaining ingredients, simmer 10-15 minutes or until cauliflower is crisp tender.
- Remove and discard bay leaf before serving.