Recipe by *Monica*
I love this granola. It's not too sweet and has a nice citrus taste to it. It's great to give as gifts in a nice jar or plastic bag. My kids love to snack on it dry. Adapted from the Best of Bridge recipe book.
Top Review by AmandaInOz
Yummy granola! The only change I made was to add the almonds in with the dried fruit at the end, just a personal preference. For the dried fruit I used cranberries, sultanas, raisins and goji berries. Mmm. Thanks Monica! Made for PAC Fall 2008.
- 4 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of
- 1 orange, juice and rind of
- 2 cups finely chopped dried fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine oatmeal,almonds, sunflower seeds, wheat germ and cinnamon.
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar and honey. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add lemon and orange rind and juice.
- Toss liquid mixture with dry mixture.
- Spray large pan, spread with granola and bake at 300 degrees F for 30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Add dried fruit.
- Store in airtight container.