Peanut Butter Granola
photo by Good Vibe Goddess
- Ready In:
- Melt together margarine, peanut butter and honey.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Add oatmeal and toss to coat completely.
- Spread on baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 about 10 minutes. Stir after 5 minutes.
- Store at room temperature in sealed container.
- Note.watch it closely while it bakes -- it burns easily, especially around the edges where it's spread thinner on the pan.
- Also note -- I omit the salt without noticing any change in flavour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We really liked this granola. It didn't get crispy like store bought granola, but it was very good. Don't know if I cooked it longer if it would get crispier or not. Don't know that it matters either. I added some sunflower seeds. Other dried fruit or nuts, or even coconut would also make good additions. Thanks for sharing!
This recipe interested me with the addition of peanut butter! I sprayed a jelly roll pan with baking spray before adding the granola to bake. Reading the reviews about burning, I lowered the temperature of my oven to 300 degrees and allowed my granola to bake 20 minutes, stirring after 10, because of the edges browning too quickly. Even at 300 degrees, be sure to watch this closely. Even though this does have a wonderful flavor as written, next time to my own taste, I will add 1/2 cup of light brown sugar to the mix and perhaps 1/2 cup slivered almonds. Thanks for this wonderful recipe, Terri Newell!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live by the Atlantic Ocean - beautiful sunrises! For fun, I like to read, sew, and spend time with my children [son age 17, daughter age 10]. I enjoy cooking for my family and friends.Every week, on my day off, I try something new. Sometimes it's a "keeper", sometimes it's a dud, but it's always interesting. My husband, son and daughter look forward to "New Recipe Night", and to rating my efforts.