Recipe by Jude #3
I adapted a magazine recipe for low-fat lemon pie into this dish. My family love it -but it's pretty sharp, so something of a 'grown-up's' dessert! A sweeter version could be made with strawberry or raspberry sugarfree jelly and a layer of that fruit instead of orange. Needs to chill overnight.
- 2 (1/3 ounce) packages sugar-free lime gelatin (each sachet say 4 portions, grams vary) or 2 (1/3 ounce) packages sugar-free lemon gelatin (each sachet say 4 portions, grams vary)
- 200 g Quark
- 1 (175 g) containermullerlight lemon cheesecake yogurt (or similar lemon yoghurt)
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 12 sponge cake fingers
- chocolate shavings, to decorate
Directions See How It's Made
- Break the sponge fingers in half and place in the bottom of a large bowl (I use a fruitbowl).
- Grate the zest of the lemon and one orange and reserve. Juice the lemon and reserve juice.
- Peel the other orange - now place the segments of both oranges on top of the sponge fingers.
- Make up the jelly according to instructions - when dissolved, add the zest, lemon juice, yoghurt and quark. Mix all together really thoroughly - use a blender if you have one. Pour into the bowl on top of sponge and fruit. The stuff will float - this isn't a layered dessert.
- Sprinkle on some chocolate shavings and leave to set in the fridge overnight.