This is an adopted recipe from the Feb. 2006 Recipezaar adoption.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 8 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray a 9" tube pan with nonstick spray and dust with flour.
- 3In a large bowl, mix the cocoa, coffee and boiling water; add the margarine and stir until melted.
- 4Stir in the sugar, honey, egg yolk, and vanilla until blended.
- 5In another bowl, combine the cornstarch with 1/4 cup yogurt, then stir in the rest of the yogurt.
- 6Add to chocolate-honey mixture.
- 7Sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder and add to the wet mixture.
- 8Stir well.
- 9With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until frothy.
- 10Add the cream of tartar and continue to beat until stiff.
- 11Fold the egg whites gently into the batter.
- 12Pour the batter into the pan.
- 13Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 14Cool for 30 minutes on a rack.
- 15Unmold and cool to room temperature.
- 16Combine all the glaze ingredients in a bowl.
- 17Mix thoroughly and let stand 5 minutes.
- 18Spread the glaze over the top of th cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Chocolate Mocha Cake
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.7
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.9 mg
- Sodium 273.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 44.1 g
- Protein 5.6 g