This is a recipe I created when I started my low fat diet. It is very good served in a bread bowl or over the top of a baked potato. This recipe does double well if you would like to make more than two servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, left whole but place 3 to 4 slits in the sides
- 1 -2 bay leaf
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped undrained
- 1 cup corn (Frozen or Canned)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1Prep chicken and onion.
- 2Combine first six ingredients in a small bowl or cup and mix well.
- 3Sprinkle half of the spice mixture over the chicken and reserve the other half.
- 4Spray a non-stick pot with a fat free cooking spray.
- 5Add chicken and onions.
- 6Cook over a medium heat for 8-10 min.
- 7or until chicken is cooked.
- 8Add the minced garlic, jalapeno, bay leaf, tomato, reserved spice mixture, and corn to the pot and bring to a boil.
- 9Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for about 10 min.
- 10Add the cilantro and simmer an additional 8-10 min.
- 11Remove the jalapeno and bay leaf and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Chicken Chili for Two
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.1
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 117.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 31.6 g