Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb cauliflower floret
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place cauliflower in a steamer basket over boiling water.
- Cover saucepan and steam 4-5 minutes or until cauliflower is almost tender.
- Arrange cauliflower in a buttered shallow baking dish.
- Arrange tomatoes over cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine cheeses in a bowl and sprinkle over cauliflower mixture. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, drizzle with butter and bake 20-25 minutes or until top is golden.
A wonderful casserole side we enjoyed very much! Had to use parmesan and cheddar had no Swiss in and used a little olive oil instead of the butter and just a couple of tablespoons of breadcrumbs. Great way to serve cauliflower, DH loved it, thanks for posting.
Great recipe I only steamed the cauliflower for 2 minutes baked for 25 - It was still lovely and crunchy. I left off the Swiss cheese and the crumbs and this recipe was still wonderful. Dancer I love your recipes
Not too bad - a way to use garden fresh tomatoes in a new way. Dqd and I thought that some real bacon in the bottom would have made it perfect.