Recipe by Melissa42
Easy to make and tasty for a lower fat brownie.
Top Review by French Fried Texan
I was craving chocolate and these really hit the spot. I halved the recipe which yielded 4 nice sized muffins and just used 1 whole egg, applesauce in place of the margarine, fat free yogurt in place of the sour cream and sugar substitute for the sugar. I put 1 chopped pecan in one of the muffins which I think I'll just add in next time. Mine had the texture of muffins, i.e. cakey which I really liked. This could have been because of my changes though. I will definitely try as written for company though! Thanks for the great lowfat snack recipe! :)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In small saucepan, melt margarine and set aside to cool.
- In mixing bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl, beat egg and egg whites with an electric mixer.
- Whisk sour cream and vanilla into cooled margarine.
- Beat in the sugar.
- Thoroughly beat in egg mixture; pour over dry ingredients and beat well.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake until knife inserted in center is fairly clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool before cutting.