Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
this is a low fat brownie which is fast and moist. Our favourite family brownie. No one knows its lowfat, especially when I frost it with fattening quick one minute frosting..( only do that for company of course..!!!)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 beaten egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Spray an 8 inch square pan or a 9 x 7 inch pan.
- Combine all dry ingredients together well.
- Add beaten egg whites, vanilla and applesauce into dry mix.
- Mix well, all by hand.
- Bake in prepared pan at 325 degrees for 19- 21 minutes.
- Cut and serve.
This recipe might be missing baking powder to make it rise and not be so flat.
Awful!! It's a long stretch to call this a "Brownie". Was flat, not cakey or fudgy and hardly chocolately at all. I'm going to keep looking for my "not-so-bad-for-me-wonder-brownie" recipe.
This made a very thin fudgy brownie. It did not rise up at all, and I may have overcooked it a bit because it never quite looked done. But it had very nice flavor. I used 2/3 sugar and 1/3 splenda to try and cut down on the calorie content a bit.