Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa, sugar, and baking powder. Stir with fork.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and slowly stir in applesauce and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture and stir until well combined.
- Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes.
The recipe was easy, but they were not chocolaty enough for my family. Next time, I will use chocolate chips and half all purpose flour and whole wheat flour.