Recipe by Thorsten
I have adopted this recipe (feb 2006) and not made yet. If you make the recipe I would be highly interested in any comment on it.
Top Review by * Pamela *
I made this recipe for the Photo Swap. This was a good dessert but more like a cake than a typical brownie to me. I used Fudge Sauce for the fudge sauce. The brownie on its own was just ok but I served the browine with some vanilla ice cream and the extra fudge sauce which really enhanced the taste... but it was no longer low fat, lol!
- 2 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1⁄2 cup fudge sauce
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the brownie cake by whipping the egg whites in a large bowl (not plastic) with an electric mixer until they become thick.
- Add the sugar to the egg whites and continue beating until the mixture forms soft peaks.
- Mix shortening, chocolate syrup, fudge sauce, water, and vanilla (wet mixture).
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda.
- While beating the wet mixture, slowly add the dry mixture and mix until smooth.
- Fold in egg white mixture.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan with shortening.
- Pour the brownie batter into the pan and sprinkle the chopped walnuts over the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean.