This recipe produces a wonderful broccoli bread that just happens to be low cholesterol and low fat. The texture is halfway between a bread and a souffle, and this is good either hot or cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix (such as Jiffy brand)
- cooking spray
- 1Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2Add the onion, broccoli, and muffin mix and stir until well blended.
- 3Pour into a 9" by 13" baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 4Bake until lightly browned on top (25-35 minutes) at 375 degrees F in glass or 400 F in metal pan.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Broccoli Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.4
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 3.5 mg
- Sodium 690.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 11.6 g