Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe produces a wonderful broccoli bread that just happens to be low cholesterol and low fat. The texture is halfway between a bread and a souffle, and this is good either hot or cold.
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix (such as Jiffy brand)
- cooking spray
- Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the onion, broccoli, and muffin mix and stir until well blended.
- Pour into a 9" by 13" baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake until lightly browned on top (25-35 minutes) at 375 degrees F in glass or 400 F in metal pan.
What a delicious cornbread! I like that the recipe used both sour cream and cottage cheese. I didn't use corn muffin mix, I just mixed together cornmeal, flour, baking powder and baking soda. I also used real egg, but only used one and added some skim milk. I added a small handful of shredded cheddar, more for color than anything. It was firm like a cornbread since I cut the egg quanity way back. It was delicious and I will absolutely make it again!