My brother is a huge cheesecake fan and often gets his from Junior's in Brooklyn. With his new years resolution to shed some pounds I thought this recipe might be a great way for him to have his favorite dessert without derailing his efforts. Knowing that others are also making an effort to lighten up, I thought I would post it here as well. I have not tried this yet, but this includes my minor modifications. (By my calculations, this is 3 WW points per serving.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 cup low-fat graham cracker, ground into crumbs
- 12 ounces low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 1/4 cups nonfat cottage cheese
- 6 ounces low fat cottage cheese (not fat free)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 -2 tablespoon Splenda granular (to taste)
- 1Take half of the vanilla yogurt (6 ounces) and spoon it into a coffee filter lined strainer over a small bowl. Leave in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Apply a light coating of cooking spray to a 9 inch pie plate. Carefully pat the graham cracker crumbs along the bottom and sides of the pan.
- 4Combine remaining yogurt with the cottage cheese, cream cheese, and cornstarch and process until the mixture is smooth. Add egg, egg whites, and lemon zest and process until combined. Pour into pie shell and bake until the center is firm to touch, about 30 minutes.
- 5While the pie is baking, combine the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until berries are soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 6Remove pie from oven and carefully spread the strained yogurt over the top. Return the pie to the oven and bake an additional 5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow the pie to reach room temperature. Cover and chill until cold about an hour.
- 7Serve with blueberry sauce.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Blueberry Cheesecake Pie
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.6
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 30.6 mg
- Sodium 124.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat graham crackers