Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a decadent treat that not only tastes amazing but won't be detrimental to your diet. Additionally, it contains relatively little sugar. I have enjoyed it, as has my less health-conscious family, and I hope you will too. I have successfully substituted Splenda for sugar, which will further lower the calorie and sugar-gram count.
- 2 1⁄4 cups Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packagejell-o sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, dry pudding mix, dry milk powder, sugar substitute, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, yogurt, water, oil, and vanilla extract. Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture. Mix gently just to combine.
- Evenly spread batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Place loaf pan on a wire rack and let set for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan and continue cooling on wire rack.
- Cut into 12 slices, serve, and enjoy.