Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Awesome, easy and lowfat! A great recipe for guests too!
- 4 lbs beef brisket
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- Place beef in roasting pan.
- Sprinkle with pepper and top with onion.
- Combine beef, chili sauce, brown sugar and garlic; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over meat.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 3 1/2 hours.
- Uncover; bake 15-30 minutes longer or until onions are lightly browned and meat is tender.
- Remove meat and onions to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Pour drippings and loosened browned bits into a saucepan; skim fat.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Gradually stir into pan drippings.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Slice meat thinly across the grain.
- Serve with the gravy.