Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is sort of a "starter" -- good as is, but you can add corn, black beans, onions, sour cream, cheese -- whatever you like to personalize it. You can use salsa in place of the tomato sauce too.
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Boil water, add onion, and cook on medium boil til onion is fairly transparent.
- Reduce heat to low and add other ingredients.
- Stir til beans are smooth and chili is heated through.
This was very easy and quick to make. And it tasted great! I added about 1 cup of frozen corn, 1 cup of frozen onion, 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed and 1/4-1/2 cup of salsa. Wife to a badge, thank you for sharing your yummy recipe!