Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Moist banana bread without a high fat content.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 9x5 loaf pan with Pam.
- Mash bananas well.
- Beat eggs in small bowl.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Mix together brown sugar and applesauce in separate bowl.
- Stir eggs and mashed bananas into applesauce mixture.
- Add this mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just moistened.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 60 - 65 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes, then cool on wire rack.