Recipe by ugottalovecarmen
A friend passed this on to me and told me to share it with as many people as possible, because she believes that a truly good recipe should not be kept a secret! Feel free to share this with others, and tell them to pass it on, too. (Another tip: This is a good way to get your kids to eat their fruits and vegetables!!)
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (old fashioned, not quick cooking)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup finely chopped apple
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2 eggs (or 1 egg plus 2 egg whites)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Stir first six ingredients well in a large bowl.
- Mix in all of the remaining ingredients. Combine well but do not over-mix; stir just until ingredients are well-combined.
- Line and grease muffin tin. Fill them about 2/3 full per muffin liner.
- Bake for 24 to 26 minutes at 300 degrees F.
- Enjoy, and be sure to tell me whether or not you like them!