Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's an easy and healthy recipe that makes a great breakfast or anytime treat.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 medium apple, peeled,cored and chopped
- Heat oven to 375.
- Spray only the bottoms of 12 medium muffins cups with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, beat milk, yogurt, egg whites, egg, vanilla and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet until just moist.
- Stir in apple.
- Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
I really enjoyed this recipe, as described, made 12 servings, very tasty... think I might have put a bit more cinnamon in but I adore cinnamon so I guess thats to each persons taste! Thanks for a lovely recipe... I am a weight watcher so it was great to get a low fat recipe which was actually enjoyable!
They weren't flavorful at all and they had a really chewy outer layer on them that wasn't good.
We thought these were quite good. I did make one small change--I used 3/4 c oatmeal (soaked in the milk for a few minutes) and 3/4 c ap flour. I just like the texture and fiber you get from oatmeal. I also left the peel on the apple for fiber. Finally, I sprinkled the tops with a very little bit of cinnamon sugar after they came out of the oven. These are not super sweet, but were just sweet enough for our tastes. DH ate 7, so they must be a keeper :). Thanks, Chris!