Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
A low fat version of anise cookies based on HeatherFeather's posting of the Yankee magazine version of Ya Mamma's Frosted Anise Cookies
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free margarine
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 7 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon anise extract
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon fat-free margarine
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons anise extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream Promise spread and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs and milk and beat well.
- Slowly add in flour mixture (flour, baking powder, & salt) and mix well.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Flatten slightly and bake about 12 minutes before they start to brown.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling racks.
- When completely cool you may frost them.
- Frosting: Mix Promise spread, sugar, milk, and anise extract until smooth.
- Use to frost cooled cookies.
- Decorate as desired.
I am going to give this recipe 2 stars. I would ordinarily not leave 'complaints' or questions.............but this seems to be the only way i can reach you in which to ask my question. the recipe called for 7 teaspoons of baking powder? that seemed an excessive amount. i actually followed the recipe completely and the cookies were beautiful. And they do not taste *bad* but i can taste the baking powder pretty strongly. I was curious if 7 truly was the amount necessary to prepare this recipe?