Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Everyone seems to have had one of those "healthy" Alfredo sauces that taste like glue. This one is easy and has a nice creamy taste, without the fat. It can be mixed with chicken, shrimp, scallops or your choice of firm white fish, thoroughly browned and cubed. I like adding the peas to the sauce, but they can also be served on the side.
- Whisk cold milk and flour together thoroughly, then place in sucepan over low heat.
- Add evaporated milk, pepper and cayenne, stir.
- Continue stirring frequently, scraping the bottom to prevent mixture from thickening unevenly.
- Brown chicken or seafood and garlic in a skillet using nonstick spray.
- When the sauce thickens enough to begin sticking to your spoon, remove from heat and add meat and garlic.
- Serve over pasta.